WordCamp Manila 2017 is currently looking for speakers!
After the successful WordCamp Manila in 2016, we’re back and calling for speakers for 2017.
WordCamp Manila, like all WordCamps, is an event run by the local community to share all things WordPress. We bring together bloggers, designers, developers, small business owners and entrepreneurs who are passionate about the web and digital, and we want you to share your knowledge with our community.
Whether you are an expert, a beginner, a blogger, a designer, a developer, a marketer, a business owner or a WP enthusiast, you can speak at WordCamp Manila.
Full length sessions will be approximately 20-30 minutes long, with 5-10 minutes afterward for audience questions. Talks can be in English or Filipino.
We’re interested in the following areas:
- Running a WordPress site. Cool things you can do with WordPress themes and plugins.
- Latest news. We want to hear the future and cutting-edge inner workings in WordPress like the upcoming REST API, shiny features in the customizer, etc
- Development. Coding talks aimed at new to medium developers to help improve their skills.
- UX and Design. Building sites with striking designs, accessibility and improving user experience.
- Workflows. and tips and tricks to become more productive.
- Business Talks. Stories of things you’ve learned in your WordPress journey.
(This is not an exhaustive list, if you have an idea that isn’t mentioned above, we would still love to hear from you, contact us if you wish to discuss your talk beforehand.)
Remember, you don’t have to be an expert to talk at a WordCamp. We want to hear thoughts from all areas of the WordPress community, so we would be keen to hear from you even if you’ve never spoke before. If you have a story to share, something cool to show off or some tips for our audiences then we welcome you to be a part of this amazing event.
- Please fill in the form below to submit your talk proposal.
- Feel free to submit more than one talk, but please fill in separate forms for each talk.
- All talks will be recorded for wordpress.tv, and all successful speakers will be required to sign an A/V release form.
- The closing dates for submission will be one month before the WordCamp date at Midnight PH time.
- Slides will need to be submitted to the WordCamp Manila team one month before the WordCamp date.
- As a non-profit event, we are unable to pay for travel & accommodation.
Make sure you agree to the speaker guidelines when applying to be a speaker.